Heavenfield Partnership Statement regarding Coronavirus
- With effect from 20th March 2020 there will be no public services, including Sunday Masses, at any Roman Catholic church until further notice. This follows the decision taken by the Catholic Bishops of England and Wales to suspend public worship in churches in the light of the present Coronavirus situation. A letter and guidance about the celebration of Mass is available at www.cbcew.org.uk
- Until further notice Saint Mary’s, Hexham, will live-stream Mass via the internet at the following times: -
There will also be a Holy Hour live-streamed from Saint Mary’s at 4:00pm on Sundays. This live-streaming will be linked from Saint Mary’s parish website at www.stmaryshexham.org.uk
- Sunday = 10:00am
- Monday to Friday = 6:00pm
- Saturday = 10:30am
For full details go to www.stmaryshexham.org.uk/church-news/live-streaming-of-mass-from-saint-marys/
- An update on the impact of the current crisis, and various developments across the Hexham and Newcastle Diocese is available on http://www.rcdhn.org.uk/index.php
As far as is practicably possible, these updates will also be made available via parish websites.
- Individual parishes within the Partnership will continue to communicate directly with parishioners by e-mail. Parish weekly newsletters, where these continue to be issued, will also be disseminated in the same manner.
If parishioners are aware of any fellow parishioner who does not receive or is unable to receive these electronic updates, please make them aware of the content of these information emails and, if necessary, print out the newsletter(s) for them.
- Any contact point or parishioner who would like to have information disseminated within the Heavenfield Partnership should let Saint Mary’s Parish Secretary (Judith) know by emailing email@example.com.
- The Community Mass from St Elizabeth’s Minsteracres, which is held on Sunday mornings, will be available for broadcast each Sunday afternoon. The recording will be on YouTube (go to www.youtube.com and then search ‘Minsteracres Retreat Centre’) which is linked to the Minsteracres website (www.minsteracres.org) and Facebook account.
- A new item “Daily Update (date)” will be available via the News sections of the Parish and Partnership websites. These will include announcements, news items and other suitable materials, plus a daily reflection adapted from the writings of Pope Francis.